Heroes is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales small and medium-sized brands with category-winning products on global marketplaces. We focus on Amazon FBA brands with outstanding customer reviews and a proven track record of leading bestseller lists in high-growth niches.
Built by a team with a background in investment banking, venture capital and D2C eCommerce we have the right experience to build and grow outstanding brands on Amazon and beyond.
We have raised the largest European pre-seed investment round in 2020 from investors to the tune of $65 million. We’re growing rapidly month-on-month and expanding quickly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth start-up.
Most of our products are manufactured in the Far East, and as such our Sourcing team play a crucial role in building relationships with suppliers and ensuring the highest quality standards are met. The Merchandising Manager will report to the Head of Sourcing and work closely both with external and internal contacts to ensure all product specifications are met, timelines adhered to and the supply of our products is managed efficiently.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the search of qualified suppliers across several categories
- Negotiating with vendors / factories to meet the HQ's cost and quality requirements
- Working closely with the quality management team to ensure all products are compliant to global regulations
- Maintaining an open communication within team as well as with cross functional departments
- Working closely with our brand managers to ensure all delivery deadlines are met to ensure stock outs are minimized
- Maintaining strong business relationships with vendors / factories to ensure continuous supplier development
- Arranging samples, evaluating & writing reports and arranging sample submission to HQ for final approval
- Travelling to meet suppliers and attend trade fairs in China
- Working closely with the branding team to ensure all artwork is up-to-date
- Placing purchase orders and buying contracts. Liaising with Far East suppliers to ensure orders are raised and delivered as per the customer specific requirements.
- You’ll have knowledge of EU/US compliance
- You’ll have previous experience working with suppliers from South East Asia.
- You’ll be enthusiastic and knowledgable about production development
- You’ll have strong 'multi-tasking' abilities, with a solution mindset
- You’ll be able to work independently, cope with a fast-paced environment and well-organized
- You’ll have good command of both spoken & written English and Mandarin
- You’ll be passionate & obsessive about continuous improvement, demonstrating an ability to test, learn & iterate constantly.
- You’ll be excited at the opportunity to join a high-growth start-up, comfortable operating in an ever-changing environment and able to adapt and thrive in such a business.